Meanwhile, in the race for the 2020 Supporters' Shield, the Philadelphia Union lost their Week 22 match in Columbus and that result allowed Toronto FC to catch up to them on points with their win against Inter Miami. Columbus and Portland are also still in the Shield race, but they need to win out and hope Toronto and Philly both lose on Decision Day presented by AT&T.
Here are the teams to qualify thus far:
- East (8 of 10 berths): Columbus Crew SC, Nashville SC, New England, NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, Orlando City, Philadelphia Union, Toronto FC
- West (6 of 8 berths): FC Dallas, LAFC, Minnesota United FC, Portland Timbers, Seattle Sounders, Sporting KC
And here are the teams that have been eliminated to date:
- East (1 of 4): FC Cincinnati
- West (2 of 4): Houston Dynamo, Real Salt Lake
RELATED: Live standings
Cincinnati were eliminated from playoff contention after losing 2-0 to Atlanta United.
FC Dallas clinched a berth in the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs after a 3-0 win against Houston on Saturday.
Houston were eliminated from playoff contention after losing to FC Dallas on Saturday.
Real Salt Lake
Real Salt Lake were eliminated from playoff contention:
- Salt Lake lose vs. LA Galaxy ✓ [LA 2, RSL 1] AND ...
- Colorado win vs. Seattle ✓ [COL 3, SEA 1]