Major League Soccer released the schedule and broadcast details for the remainder of the 2020 regular season, culminating with MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T on Sunday, Nov. 8 on ABC, FS1, TSN, and TVA Sports.
The final two weeks of the regular season, including Decision Day, will exclusively feature intraconference showdowns.
Penultimate weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 1)
Here's the national TV schedule for the penultimate weekend of the season:
- Univision: Texas Derby featuring FC Dallas vs. Houston Dynamo on Oct. 31 at 3:30 pm ET
- ABC Sports & ESPN Deportes: Eastern Conference match on Sun., Nov. 1, 3:30 pm ET
- TVA Sports: Montreal Impact vs. Orlando City SC at 7:30 pm ET
- TSN: Toronto FC vs. Inter Miami (7:30 pm ET), Portland Timbers vs. Vancouver Whitecaps (10:00 pm ET)
Decision Day, Nov. 8
MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T will feature all 26 teams in action: the 14 Eastern Conference teams will kick off in seven simultaneous games at 3:30 p.m. ET before the 12 Western Conference teams kick off in six simultaneous games at 6:30 p.m. ET.
On Decision Day, flex scheduling will allow broadcast partners the chance to showcase the most compelling matchups to national audiences:
- ABC & ESPN Deportes: Select Eastern Conference game at 3:30 pm ET;
- FS1 & FOX Deportes: Select Western Conference game at 6:30 pm ET;
- TSN: NY Red Bulls vs. Toronto FC (3:30 pm ET) and Vancouver Whitecaps vs. LA Galaxy (6:30 pm ET);
- TVA Sports: Montreal Impact vs. D.C. United (3:30 pm ET).
In accordance with travel protocols, the three Canadian teams will continue to have US-based home games:
- Montreal Impact: Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J.
- Toronto FC: Rentschler Field in Hartford, Conn.
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC: Providence Park in Portland, Ore.
No team will play the same opponent more than four times during the 2020 regular season, including MLS is Back Tournament Group stage matches. Match details will be announced at a later date for two rescheduled games: Nashville SC vs. FC Dallas and LA Galaxy vs. Sounders FC.
Schedule by Club
Audi MLS Cup Playoff Qualification
The Audi MLS Cup Playoffs will consist of single-elimination matches hosted by the higher-seeded team and follow a straight bracket format through MLS Cup on Dec. 12.
- 18 total clubs will compete in the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs: 10 from East, 8 from West
- Western Conference: Top 8 teams qualify directly to Round 1
- Eastern Conference: Only the top 6 seeds qualify directly to Round 1. Seeds 7-10 will each compete in a play-in match:
- No. 7 seed vs. No. 10 seed
- No. 8 seed vs. No. 9 seed
- Lowest seed play-in winner advances to face No. 1 seed in East
- Highest seed play-in winner advances to face No. 2 seed in East
The complete playoff match schedule and postseason TV coverage will be announced at a later date. The Audi MLS Cup Playoff bracket follows below: