The MLS regular season match schedule and national broadcast details were released, covering matches through the end of September. The qualification and competition format for the Audio 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs were also unveiled (see below).
Each MLS club will play three regular season matches from Sept. 18 through Sept. 27. Additional regular season matches will be announced at a later date, pending further developments regarding travel protocols.
The three Canadian clubs, which are currently facing each other in a series of nine matches played exclusively in Canada due to travel restrictions, will play all three of their matches from Sept. 18-27 in the U.S. with each club hosting one home match in a U.S. city:
- Montreal Impact: Red Bull Arena in Harrison, N.J. (vs. Philadelphia, Sept. 20)
- Toronto FC: Rentschler Field in Hartford, Conn. (vs. Columbus, Sept. 27)
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC: Providence Park in Portland, Ore. (vs. Portland, Sept. 27)
As with all matches since the league returned to play in local markets, each team will adhere to comprehensive health and safety protocols, including regular testing of players, coaches and essential staff for COVID-19.
Schedule by Club
Audi MLS Cup Playoff Qualification
The Audi MLS Cup Playoffs will once again consist of single-elimination matches hosted by the higher-seeded team and follow a straight bracket format through MLS Cup on Dec. 12.
- 18 total clubs will compete in the Audi MLS Cup Playoffs: 10 from East, 8 from West
- Western Conference: Top 8 teams qualify directly to Round 1
- Eastern Conference: Only the top 6 seeds qualify directly to Round 1. Seeds 7-10 will each compete in a play-in match:
- No. 7 seed vs. No. 10 seed
- No. 8 seed vs. No. 9 seed
- Lowest seed play-in winner advances to face No. 1 seed in East
- Highest seed play-in winner advances to face No. 2 seed in East
The complete playoff match schedule and postseason TV coverage will be announced at a later date. The Audi MLS Cup Playoff bracket follows below: