The Bundesliga will take center stage this weekend, as Germany's top flight becomes the first elite European league to return after the COVID-19 pandemic caused a two-month hiatus.
Plenty of US, Canadian and MLS exports will see their teams compete, including two youngsters who are considered potential future cogs of the US men's national team in Borussia Dortmund's Giovanni Reyna and Schalke midfielder Weston McKennie. Their clubs square off Saturday at 9:30 am ET.
That time slot also includes former Columbus Crew SC goalkeeper Zack Steffen competing for Fortuna Dusseldorf against Paderborn, while New York Red Bulls Homegrown product and RB Leipzig midfielder Tyler Adams will take on Freiburg. USMNT defender John Brooks and Wolfsburg will also face Augsburg. Timothy Chandler and Fabian Johnson, who have 86 career USMNT caps between them, will compete after that at 12:30 pm ET when Chandler's Frankfurt faces Johnson and Borussia Monchengladbach.
Former Vancouver Whitecaps star Alphonso Davies and league-leading Bayern Munich will tackle Union Berlin at 12 pm ET Sunday. USMNT striker Josh Sargent will round it off Monday at 2:30 pm ET when Werder Bremen faces Bayer Leverkusen.
Check out the full schedule and match times for the Bundesliga's first weekend back below.
SATURDAY, MAY 16
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Schalke (9:30 am ET)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf vs. Paderborn (9:30 am ET)
- RB Leipzig vs. Freiburg (9:30 am ET)
- Hoffenheim vs. Hertha Berlin (9:30 am ET)
- Augsburg vs. Wolfsburg (9:30 am ET)
- Eintracht Frankfurt vs. Borussia Monchengladbach (12:30 pm ET)
SUNDAY, MAY 17
- Koln vs. Mainz (9:30 am ET)
- Union Berlin vs. Bayern Munich (12 pm ET)
MONDAY, MAY 18
- Werder Bremen vs. Bayer Leverkusen (2:30 pm ET)