FC Dallas, the FC Dallas Foundation and corporate partners on Wednesday announced a series of initiatives focused on supporting North Texas communities during the coronavirus pandemic. These initiatives promote social distancing, the importance of education and healthy living while also providing fans the opportunity to access a variety of family-friendly activities.
During this difficult time, we're here for you.— FC Dallas (@FCDallas) April 1, 2020
With the help of our partners, we're providing meals for those in the community and helping you stay active while providing family-friendly activities.
We'll get through this as a family ❤️
➡️: https://t.co/fF1KkErnso#MLSUnites pic.twitter.com/ZttWYboPM9
Those initiatives include:
- Taking Care of Those Who Take Care of the Community. This is a partnership with Toyota through which the club has delivered meals from local and national providers to professionals working in healthcare and public utilities, as well as families in need. This initiative began in mid-March.
- Hooper’s Activity Book presented by NEC. FC Dallas and NEC are partnering to create Hooper’s Activity Book which features a variety of puzzles and games to keep young minds sharp. The digital workbook will also highlight components of the FC Dallas Foundation’s STEAM FC program presented by NEC to showcase how science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics are used in the sport of soccer.
- In the Kitchen presented by Buckner. A partnership encouraging families to get in the kitchen and prepare their own healthy meals, complete with a collection of suggested family-friendly recipes.
- FC Dallas Book Club presented by Southern New Hampshire University. This initiative will feature a digital reading series with FC Dallas players, coaches and staff. It will also offer opportunities for fans to participate in virtual forums with players to discuss their favorite books as well as an incentive program for kids to reach their own reading goals with prizes available.
- Beyond the Pitch presented by CornerStone Staffing. Beyond the Pitch will be a digital career exploration series that gives students and aspiring sports industry professionals the opportunity to learn about career opportunities available in the sports industry.
For more information, visit fcdallas.com.