Both teams were missing players due to the international window, but the Sounders featured especially heavy rotations to their lineup, with five starters either new to the team or used sparingly this season. The victory makes it two in two games for Fraser since being hired as head coach last month.
The Brazilian doubled his tally and Colorado's lead in the second half, with a tap-in from a cross by Keegan Rosenberry. One possible setback for the night for the home side was Lewis exiting the game in the second half due to an apparent hamstring injury.
- THE BIG PICTURE: It's only two games, and they played a far-from-full strength Sounders side, but so far so good for the Rapids under Fraser. It will be fascinating to see how they do next year with a full preseason with their new coach. Seattle will rue dropping points as they seek the No. 2 seed in the West, but this is one of those games they need to shake off and look to the next one.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Shinyashiki's opener was a peach.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Shinyashiki's brace puts him up to seven goals for the season, a good return for the rookie and a sign of promise for more in the future, too.
- COL: Wednesday, Sept. 11 vs. LA Galaxy (9 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US; DAZN in Canada)
- SEA: Sunday, Sept. 15 vs. New York Red Bulls (6 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US; DAZN in Canada)