TRANSFER TRACKER STATUS: Report
According to reports out of Argentina, that resolution has the Galaxy offering to buy 100 percent of the Boca Juniors winger’s rights in an $18 million transfer deal, which would set a new MLS record.
AHORA |— La12tuittera ⑫ (@La12tuittera) July 26, 2019
En estos momentos esta VENDIENDO a #Pavon a @LAGalaxy.
Lo que va a cobrar #Boca es 18M de U$S por el 100% de pase (la clausula era de 50M u$S)
Info de @JulioPavoni y @claudiociviello
en el @Superclasico630 pic.twitter.com/ccOOuJpwfY
However, Kevin Baxter of the LA Times and ESPN's Taylor Twellman pumped the brakes a bit, tweeting its a deal that is not done yet and the club is still weighing other options during the Secondary Transfer Window.
The @LAGalaxy tell me the Pavon deal is NOT done despite all the reports out of Argentina and elsewhere. The team says it is still interested in Pavon and seems hopeful a deal can be had but it is also "looking at options" during this transfer window— Kevin Baxter (@kbaxter11) July 26, 2019
Schelotto and LA Galaxy general manager Dennis te Kloese said as much earlier this week.
“In two weeks the transfer window closes and we can do a deal until then. In the last few days we haven't advanced past the offer that was made and we haven't received a response,” Schelotto told TUDN. “But we'll be working in the coming days to see if there's a real possibility to do the deal or not. And we'll surely determine that this week. If not, we'll try to look for another path to look for another possibility beyond Cristian Pavon."
"Apart from Pavon, there are many players we're looking at and observing, and if we're allowed based on the [roster] rules and our budget, we can advance to a more formal stage,” te Kloese said. “But we're still looking right now."