Minnesota United midfielder Kevin Molino pulled Trinidad and Tobago level 10 minutes from full time in a 1-1 draw with Guyana, concluding both teams' Concacaf Gold Cup campaigns at Children's Mercy Park on Wednesday night.
Neil Danns opened the scoring in each team's third match in Group D, helping Guyana earned its first-ever point in a major competition.
Both Trinidad and Guyana were eliminated from contention to reach the quarterfinals after previous group losses to the US national team and Panama.
- THE BIG PICTURE: Guyana will be the happier team following a historic result from their perspective. But Trinidad and Tobago will at least be relieved to have finally scored a goal in 2019 after being held goalless in their previous five matches this year.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Neil Danns has scored plenty of goals after his nearly two decades-long career across the English football pyramid. Perhaps none will be more memorable than his third in this tournament — and first from the run of play — which helped Guyana make history.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Levi Garcia. The right-sided midfielder was the most consistently dangerous player for Trinidad and Tobago, and his diagonal ball freed Molino for his equalizer.
- TRI: Eliminated from Gold Cup
- GUY: Eliminated from Gold Cup