The US Under-17 national team brushed aside Guadeloupe in the Concacaf Championship Round of 16, storming into the quarterfinals for a chance to clinch a berth in the 2019 Under-17 FIFA World Cup.
The US U-17s next face Panama in the quarterfinals on Sunday (2 pm ET on Concacaf Facebook and Univision Deportes) for one of four berths at stake. Canada take on Costa Rica, Mexico meet El Salvador and Haiti battle Honduras for the other three spots.
Goals by MLS academy products Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Seattle Sounders), Griffin Yow (D.C. United) and Gianluca Busio (Sporting Kansas City) helped the Americans build a 6-0 first-half lead. They added two more in the second half to round out the scoreline of a match that saw the USA hold nearly 80 percent of possession and outshoot Guadeloupe 30-5.
- USA - 4' - Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Giovanni Reyna)
- USA - 11' - Griffin Yow (Adam Saldana)
- USA - 20' - Giovanni Reyna (Joe Scally)
- USA - 25' - Gianluca Busio
- USA - 29' - Giovanni Reyna (Griffin Yow)
- USA - 42' - Giovanni Reyna (PK)
- USA - 68' - Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Ricardo Pepi)
- USA - 70' - own goal
USA: Damian Las (Chicago Fire) -- Joe Scally (NYCFC), Axel Alejandre, Kobe Hernandez-Foster (LA Galaxy), John Tolkin (NY Red Bulls) -- Adam Saldana (LA Galaxy), Giovanni Reyna, Danny Leyva (Seattle Sounders) -- Gianluca Busio (Sporting KC), Alfonso Ocampo-Chavez (Seattle Sounders), Griffin Yow (D.C. United)
- 46' Ricardo Pepi (FC Dallas) for Axel Alejandre
- 46' Gilbert Fuentes (San Jose Earthquakes) for Gianluca Busio
- 71' Bryang Kayo (D.C. United) for Joe Scally