TRANSFER TRACKER STATUS: Re-signed
After the Fire announced Wednesday that Bronico, 23, has signed an extension through 2020, with club options for 2021 and 2022, Bronico came on as a second-half substitute and scored a stunning goal against the New England Revolution.
It was part of an enjoyable night all around for the home side, which romped to a 5-0 victory at SeartGeek Stadium.
“We're pleased that we were able to agree on an improved contract for Brandt,” Chicago Fire president and general manager Nelson Rodriguez said in a release. “BB has embraced our club’s approach on the field and in the community and it shows with his steady performances and activity in our neighborhoods. We consider him as an important member of the club.”
Bronico originally entered MLS in 2017 as a SuperDraft selection in the third round (47th overall). The former UNC-Charlotte standout is the sole player from that round still in MLS.
Bronico is currently part of a crowded midfield group, though made 23 appearances (17 starts) last year. He scored his first career goal in a July 14, 2018 loss at FC Dallas.
“I am extremely blessed that I get to wake up and do what I love every day and I am very thankful for the Fire’s continued belief and investment in me,” Bronico said. “From the day I arrived in Chicago, the club, the staff, my teammates and the supporters have made me feel like Chicago is a place that I can call home. I couldn’t be happier about this opportunity and I am excited that I get to continue grinding for the Fire.