Real Salt Lake have one of the most interchangeable attacks in the league ... and have no shortage of players capable of scoring goals.
Scoring won't be an issue in 2019 for Mike Petke's side, who are coming off a thrilling upset of LAFC and pushing Sporting Kansas City to the brink in last year's playoffs. The trick now is looking more like that side in 2019 rather than the one that won just once in their final six regular season games.
Key acquisitions and departures
Projected Starting XI
Team strengths and weaknesses
- Strength: RSL have so many talented attacking players who can create and score, they got through all of 2018 without a traditional forward to carry the load. That group is back.
- Weakness: With a rotating cast along the back line in 2018, RSL experienced their share of costly defensive errors. Can they settle on a back four? Which players will lead the way?
- Ben Baer: 6th in West
- Calen Carr: 9th in West
- Charlie Davies: 5th in West
- Matt Doyle: 6th in West
- Bobby Warshaw: 8th in West
- Andrew Wiebe: 6th in West