Despite setting a new league record for single-season points in 2018 ... the New York Red Bulls are flying under the radar ahead of 2019.
The Red Bulls return all of their key members from the Supporters' Shield winning side outside of Tyler Adams, with new contracts for center back pairing Aaron Long and Tim Parker. Will 2019 be the year that the Red Bulls hoist their first MLS Cup?
Key acquisitions and departures
Projected Starting XI
Team strengths and weaknesses
- Strength: They are deep and young and dynamic and balanced on both sides of the ball, and bring back 10 starters from the team that set an MLS regular season record with 71 points.
- Weakness: Forever and ever they're one goal away from breaking through in tournament play, be it the U.S. Open Cup, the CCL or (always) the playoffs. It's in their heads.
- Ben Baer: 3rd in East
- Calen Carr: 1st in East
- Charlie Davies: 2nd in East
- Matt Doyle: 1st in East
- Bobby Warshaw: 3rd in East
- Andrew Wiebe: 2nd in East