Missing the playoffs in back-to-back seasons is a foreign concept to the LA Galaxy ... can the storied club rebound in 2019?
The Galaxy appointed Guillermo Barros Schelotto as head coach after leading Boca Juniors to the Copa Libertadores final and re-signed Zlatan Ibrahimovic to a lucrative deal in attempt to fix the recent malaise. They won't be short on entertainment as usual, as Zlatan vowed to break all the records in MLS.
Key acquisitions and departures
Projected Starting XI
Team strengths and weaknesses
- Strength: They have four attackers who could push their way into the MLS Best XI, plus a coach with championship experience at one of the biggest clubs in the continent.
- Weakness: Are they a team, or are they a loose collection of 25 guys?
- Ben Baer: 2nd in West
- Calen Carr: 3rd in West
- Charlie Davies: 6th in West
- Matt Doyle: 2nd in West
- Bobby Warshaw: 4th in West
- Andrew Wiebe: 4th in West