Houston Dynamo Highlights vs. Guastatoya
Relive the best moments between CD Guastatoya and Houston Dynamo which finished 0-1 #SCCL2019 #CDGvHOUPosted by Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League on Tuesday, February 19, 2019
The 36-year-old left back delivered a clutch game-winner in the dying moments of a cagey game to edge CD Guastatoya in the first leg of their round-of-16 matchup at Estadio Doroteo Guamuch Flores in Guatemala City, putting the Dynamo up on aggregate heading back to BBVA Compass Stadium for next week's second leg.
Juan David Cabezas carved out the visitors' only real chance of the first half when he met a bouncing half-clearance with a lashing drive from 20 yards out that wrongfooted Jose Calderon as it took a deflection on the way through traffic, but was ably saved by the Guastatoya goalkeeper.
Unfortunately for the Dynamo, their influential central midfielder limped off with a knock later in the game, a worrying sign after Cabezas' injury-blighted 2018.
Romell Quioto was presented with a golden chance in the 83rd minute when a bouncing cross found him unmarked at the back post, only for Calderon to splay himself wide to block the Honduran's effort.
Calderon could do nothing about Beasley's arrowing strike seconds later, however, as the famously left-footed veteran clinically drilled a poor corner-kick clearance into the bottom corner with his right foot for a precious away goal.
- 84' – HOU – DaMarcus Beasley
- THE BIG PICTURE: As a club, the Dynamo haven't played in CCL for years, but their reworked 2019 edition looked like old Concacaf hands as they managed this game. They may be fretting over Cabezas and perhaps a couple of other injury issues in the week ahead, though.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Houston coach WIlmer Cabrera probably would've been happy to head home with a scoreless draw, but Beasley's stunner was the icing on the cake. He's aging like a fine wine:
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Umm, do you really have to ask?
Coming home with that away goal like pic.twitter.com/0gIFNJnrYq— Houston Dynamo (@HoustonDynamo) February 20, 2019
- HOU: Tuesday, Feb. 26 vs. CD Gustatoya (2nd leg, 8 pm ET | YahooSports.com, UDN, TSN4)
- CDG: Saturday, Feb. 23 at Xelaju (9 pm ET)