LAFC have announced the final piece of their local TV broadcasting puzzle. Or make that pieces.
The expansion side are taking a "Max + 1" approach to their local broadcasts to be televised on YouTube TV, in which the analysts alongside play-by-play man Max Bretos will work on a rotating basis.
As fitting for a club with Hollywood ethos and aspirations, that list includes a who's who of analysts viewers have watched on national English and Spanish-language telecasts. Featured among them:
- Robbie Earle, former Jamaican international and current NBC Sports studio analyst
- Robbie Mustoe, former English midfielder and current NBC Sports commentator
- Stu Holden, two-time MLS Cup winner and current FOX Sports commentator
- Angela Hucles, two-time Olympic gold medalist and FOX Soccer announcer
- Warren Barton, former English defender and current FOX Sports analyst
- Mariano Trujillo, former Liga MX and MLS defender and current FOX Deportes analyst
The club's YouTube TV broadcasts will also air 30-minute pregame and postgame shows hosted by Mark Rogondino, and feature sideline reports from Gervina Catalina.
While LAFC are soon to open their new Banc of California Stadium in downtown LA, the rotating booth could give Bretos' broadcasts an aura of Carson. Johnny Carson, that is.