The Supporters' Shield leaders opened the scoring early, as Jay Chapman notched his first MLS goal on a scrappy play in front of the net set up by Sebastian Giovinco. As the game wore on, the Rapids got closer and closer to a goal, and finally broke through in the 76th minute, courtesy of Dominique Badji.
- UNLIKELY COMEBACK FOR RAPIDS: Considering the Rapids' toothlessness on the road this season, with just two goals scored and no results, when Toronto FC scored early it appeared the game was essentially decided. On the contrary. While TFC controlled the run of play in the first half, the Rapids came back strong in the second 45, and fully deserved the draw. It's likely going to be too little, too late at this point in the campaign for Colorado's playoff hopes, as they sit in 10th place in the Western Conference, but hey, they proved us wrong here, so you never know what could happen in the final three months of the regular season.
- SHIELD CUSHION EVAPORATES: And we won't really know until the season is over, but this result could be very significant in the Supporters' Shield race. Had TFC won the game, they would be four points ahead of their closest rival at the moment, Chicago. As it stands, they are just two points ahead of the Fire and three points up on New York City FC. Two of their next three games come against -- you guessed it -- Chicago and NYCFC, so consider the Supporters' Shield race well and truly on at this point.
- CHAPMAN CASHES IN: Chapman's goal is likely extra sweet for the Homegrown product, as what would have been his tally on Wednesday against NYCFC was chalked off on a controversial offside call. During the halftime interview on TSN, Chapman said he had dreamed of the day when he would score his first goal at BMO Field in front of his hometown crowd, and while it didn't turn out to be the winner, it could help the promising attacker see some more playing time in TFC's stacked midfield.
- TOR: Sunday, Jul. 30 – vs. New York City (2 pm ET | ESPN, ESPN Deportes; TSN4/5 in Canada)
- COL: Saturday, Jul. 29 – at San Jose (8 pm ET | MLS LIVE)