Crew SC went on the board in the 14th minute through Meram, as his pass attempt was initially blocked, but he ran onto the deflection and blasted a one-timer past Evan Bush. Meram doubled the lead just before the half-hour mark by latching onto another deflected clearance. Ignacio Piatti scored early in the second half for Montreal, and Anthony Jackson-Hamel came off the bench to complete the comeback for the Impact. But Meram had the last laugh, as he scored a stoppage-time counterattacking goal to win the game for the visitors.
- Crew SC hail determination as hat trick clinches road win
- Columbus players get special Mother's Day message
- 14' – CLB – Justin Meram Watch
- 28' – CLB – Justin Meram Watch
- 52' – MTL – Ignacio Piatti Watch
- 77' – MTL – Anthony Jackson-Hamel Watch
- 91' – CLB – Justin Meram Watch
- MERAM CARRIES COLUMBUS: It was a game of two halves, and so Meram's dramatic winner was a bit of a surprise, but the veteran attacker showed his ability to create his own shot at Stade Saputo, and effectively did so three times. One figures he won't be paying for dinner for a good little while, as his hat trick saved his teammates' blushes in collapsing after posting a two-goal lead.
- DZEMAILI DEBUT: The Impact will obviously be upset to concede three goals to Meram, in the process dropping all points, but the silver lining is that this was the debut of Swiss midfielder Blerim Dzemaili, the Impact's big midseason addition. He was lively in the match, and came close to scoring on several occasions, but looked like he's still getting to know his new teammates. With Dzemaili on the same page as the likes of Piatti, one expects the Impact to be more competitive in the summer run.
- CREW SC PAY MOTHERS BACK: Mother's Day is Sunday in the United States, and Crew SC produced a lovely video of the players' mothers sending them good wishes. Of particular note is the message from Meram's mom: "Justin, you better score a goal for mama, for Mother's Day!" Looks like he did that, and then some.