Montreal Impact president: Didier Drogba situation has "been resolved"

In a move that sent shockwaves around MLS, Didier Drogba refused to be in the 18 for the Montreal Impact's massive game vs. Toronto FC on Sunday after being told by head coach Mauro Biello he wouldn't be starting.

But the team sought to put the Drogba drama behind them on Tuesday as they look ahead to Decision Day this Sunday (at New England Revolution, 4 pm ET on MLS LIVE) and a Knockout Round playoff match next week.

In a statement released to the Impact website Tuesday, team president Joey Saputo said that the club met with Drogba and the two sides resolved their issues heading into Sunday's regular-season finale. Here's the full statement:

"We met with Didier. The situation has been resolved to the club’s satisfaction. Didier has accepted to assume the role that the head coach sees fit while contributing to the success of this club moving forward. When he came to Montreal, Didier said he came here to win, and he still has the same objective.

Our main priority now is to focus on the last game of the season and the upcoming playoffs. With the players and the leadership that we have on this team, we are convinced that we can make a run at the MLS Cup."

Even without Drogba, the Impact clinched a playoff berth with Sunday's 2-2 draw vs. Toronto and can potentially host a Knockout Round match with a Decision Day victory over the Revs.

Drogba has 10 goals and six assists this season. The Ivorian legend scored 11 goals in just 11 games last year after the Impact made a blockbuster move over the summer to acquire the former Chelsea star.