The San Jose Earthquakes and FC Dallas played to a 0-0 draw with neither club able to mount much offense.
The best chance of the game was the only shot on-target in the first half: Matias Perez Garcia tried to play a give-and-go with Chad Barrett in the penalty area, but Barrett misunderstood and tried to side foot the ball into the net.
Some late-match sloppiness saw both teams manage some low-percentage chances at the net, but none broke through.
- NO WONDO, NO WORRIES: With Chris Wondolowski off on international duty, the Quakes should take some solace in this clean sheet. Last season, without Wondolowski, San Jose was winless and outscored, 8 goals to 2.
- NO PLACE LIKE HOME: The draw also keeps alive the Earthquakes' unbeaten streak at home, which is now at 12 games dating back to September 12, 2015.
- HERE COMES THE DEBUTANT: Carlos Lizarazo made his debut for Dallas tonight. The Columbian attacker is on loan from Cruz Azul. Oscar Pareja's plan was to give him some time to get fit, and he looked good in just under an hour of match time.
They Said It
Glad to be back out on the field with the team! Good shutout and point on the road for the squad too.— Matt Hedges (@Matt_Hedges) May 29, 2016
- SJ: Wednesday, June 1 at Colorado Rapids (10:30 pm ET, MLS LIVE)
- DAL: Thursday, June 2 vs. Houston Dynamo (9 pm ET, MLS LIVE)