Ben Olsen may not have been on the sidelines, but D.C. United did not miss a beat without their head coach.
D.C. United picked up their second win of the season by blanking the New England Revolution, 3-0, at RFK Stadium on Saturday night. Lamar Neagle opened the scoring with a first-half penalty, and substitutes Luciano Acosta and Alvaro Saborio added insurance goals in the final four minutes of the Eastern Conference showdown.
The match, which saw Olsen serve a one-game suspension, started with the Revolution having a glorious chance to go in front. Teal Bunbury hit the post with his sixth-minute effort, however.
- 33’ – DC – Lamar Neagle (penalty kick)
- 86' – DC – Luciano Acosta (Alvaro Saborio)
- 90 – DC – Alvaro Saborio
- Full box score
- Watch highlights
- ON THE ATTACK: D.C. United have made offensive improvements in recent weeks, scoring seven goals in their last three games, two of which have ended in wins.
- DELIGHTFUL OPENER: Luciano Acosta opened his MLS account in the 86th minute, hitting a gorgeous chip that floated over Revolution goalkeeper Bobby Shuttleworth and just under the crossbar.
- OFF THE MARK: The Revolution finished with more possession in the match and mustered up 13 shots, but only three were on target.
- DC: Saturday 4/30 at Chicago Fire (5 pm ET, MLS LIVE)
- NE: Saturday 4/30 vs. Orlando City (7:30 pm ET, MLS LIVE)