The adidas MLS Combine 2016 is in full swing, with participating athletes playing the first slate of games yesterday, Fri., Jan. 8. So, as they vie for a shot in MLS, how do they feel about pro soccer in general, and the league, specifically?
The night they arrived, we handed everyone a little anonymous survey. We’ve already looked at their picks for favorite MLS player (which got surprisingly pretty deep).
So what about favorite MLS Stadium? Let’s see how this shook out.
- First place: Children's Mercy Park - Sporting Kansas City (14 votes)
- Second place: Providence Park - Portland Timbers (11 votes)
- Third place: Avaya Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes (6 votes)
- Fourth place: MAPFRE Stadium - Columbus Crew SC (5 votes)
- Tied for fifth place: CenturyLink Field - Seattle Sounders and Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls (4 votes each)
The kids love Kansas City and Portland!
There are a few who might need to study up before they potentially enter the league, though – in this category we got three blank spaces, one “don’t know,” and one “idk.”
Here are the other favorite stadiums athletes picked:
PPL Park - Philadelphia Union (3 votes)
StubHub Center - LA Galaxy (2 votes)
RFK Stadium - D.C. United (1 vote)
Toyota Park - Chicago Fire (1 vote)
Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas (1 vote)