REMINDER: All transfers need to be finalized today – Wednesday, May 15 at 7:15 pm ET.
MLS Fantasy Soccer: Manager experts Jason Saghini and Andrew Wiebe are back with their longest episode of "Starting Lineup" (above) yet, answering the questions you submitted to @MLSFantasy. This week they also went into great detail about the players involved in two matches during Round 12, injuries, suspensions and more.
Be sure to check it out before setting your lineup later today.
Meanwhile, there are plenty more fantasy managers showing off their own expertise. With nearly a third of the way through the 2013 MLS season, we take a closer look at some of the top players and leagues in all of FS:M.
MLS Fantasy Soccer: Manager Overall Standings:
There are currently 11 players with 800 points or more in MLS Fantasy Soccer: Manager. Richard Matthew (Damaged Goods) leads nearly 22,000 players with 824 total points.
Here’s a look at the Top 50 overall and the best player from each month can be viewed below. Morey Roscrow captained Rodney Wallace last week, ending Round 11 with 141 total points.
- Best Player in March: Luke Dodd (Submersiblegoat) – 373 points
- Best Player in April: Kevin Eagle (DoopDynasty) – 316 points
- Best Player in May: Morey Roscrow (EmptyWalis) – 237 points
Here’s an update on the Top 5 players in the MLS Experts League standings:
- No. 1 – MLSsoccer.com’s Jason Saghini (Newborn FC) stays in first place after beating George Quraishi (Preki in Pink) by a final of 117–74.
- No. 2 – ESPN’s Grant Wahl (Mass Confrontation) holds steady in the standings after thumping Luke Wileman (Great White North) 113–86.
- No. 3 – MLSsoccer.com’s Ben Jata (Jatinho) moves up a spot after handing the Columbus Crew’s Ashleigh Ignelzi (Iggy FC) her fourth loss of the season 107–80.
- No. 4 – ESPN’s Taylor Twellman (ThinkTaylor) moves down a spot after a crushing loss to the Seattle Sounders’ Matt Gaschk (Mookie Blaylock) 81–82.
- No. 5 – TheShinGuardian.com’s Matthew Tomaszewicz (FC Fuzzy Bunny) ran all over Todd Grisham 104–59 to move into the fifth spot.
Some other storylines from Round 11:
- Soccer by Ives’ Ives Galarcep (SBI United) beat MLSsoccer.com’s Greg Lalas (Tesla’s Revenge) 91–86.
- MLSsoccer.com’s Andrew Wiebe (Meara’s French Licks) was victorious over ESPN.com’s Alexi Lalas (SlurpeeRatt) 110–88.
- EPSN’s Max Bretos (COLOTERORITA) handed MLSsoccer.com’s Simon Borg (Borgussia Borgmund) his 11th consecutive loss 109–97.
MLS Fantasy Soccer: Manager – Best Leagues
Here’s a complete list of all the leagues in FS:M, their point totals and the amount of players involved. You can still join the MLS ExtraTime Radio league and win weekly prizes. Enter this code to join: 7953-1611
- The official MLS ExtraTime Radio league is averaging 815.2 points among its top five players
- The r/mls league from the guys over at Reddit.com is averaging 809.0 points
- The SBI United league headed by Ives Galarcep is averaging 809.0 points as well
Here’s a reminder for those still looking to make transfers before the deadline later today;
- Suspensions – The Disciplinary Committee just finalized its decision on the fate of three more players this week. In addition to the four players -- Aurélien Collin (SKC), Oriol Rosell (SKC), Mario de Luna (CHV) and Carlos Alvarez (CHV) -- who have already been suspended, Johnny Leverón (VAN), Edson Buddle (COL) and Kwame Watson-Siriboe (RSL) all received one-game suspensions as well. See why here!
We just witnessed the biggest week of the 2013 MLS season to date. Is your team performing the way you thought it would? Have you been moving up in the standings from week to week? Do you still have your wildcard? Leave your comments below.