Signed with FC Dallas following a trade with Colorado on Aug. 31, 2009.
- 2012: Named FC Dallas captain at the beginning of the season… Ihemelu started and played every minute for FC Dallas through the first 10 games of the season, before suffering a concussion against Colorado on May 6… Ihemelu scored one goal, a game-winner which came in stoppage-time of a 1-0 win against the New England Revolution on April 5.
- 2011: Ihemelu logged career highs in games played (31), games started (30), minutes played (2726) and goals (2)... As of March 10, 2012, he ranks 32nd amoung active MLS players in minutes played (14879)... Ihemelu logged the second-most minutes for FC Dallas across all competitions (43GP, 3691MP).
- 2010: Started 18 games for FC Dallas... Scored his only goal of the season against Houston on May 5... The goal was a game winner, securing FC Dallas’ first-ever victory in Houston against the Dynamo... Picked up an assist on a George John goal in the 54th minute of FC Dallas’ 3-0 win over the Los Angeles Galaxy in the Western Conference Final.
- 2009: Started 20 games for the Colorado Rapids and provided two assists before being traded to FC Dallas on August 31…Made his FCD debut in the right back position on Sept. 5 versus D.C. United…Scored his first FCD goal in the regular season home finale on Oct. 17 versus his former club the Colorado Rapids, it was his second career goal.
- 2008: Ihemelu played a big part in the Rapids defense in 2008, starting 16 of the 18 matches that he appeared in and playing all 90 minutes in 15 of those 16 contests…Played in 1,493 minutes…His efforts led to the Rapids allowing a league-low 278 shots on goal all season…Appeared in one Rapids Reserve match.
- 2007: Appeared in 25 games…Played 2,018 minutes, tied for a team high among defenders…Scored his first career goal against Chivas USA on October 14.
- 2006: Appeared in 25 games, making 23 starts with 2,031 minutes played for L.A.…Registered his first career MLS assist on 7/27 against the New England Revolution in a 1-1 tie at Gillette Stadium.
- 2005: Played in 25 games for the Galaxy as a rookie - 23 of them starts - and logged 2031 minutes while recording one assist…A contender for Rookie of the Year honors from the start of the season that turned heads throughout MLS with his impressive play.
- 2010: Following Dallas’ run to MLS Cup in 2010, Alexander, Shea, Loyd and Ihemelu made FC Dallas one of the most-represented MLS teams at the January U.S. National Team camp. Ihemelu was sent home prior to the Jan.22 match against Chile due to a groin injury.
- 2009: Took part in the U.S. MNT training camp in January and February…Made his second appearance with the National Team Jan. 24 in the 3-2 U.S. win over Sweden when he replaced Michael Parkhurst in the U.S. lineup and played 14 minutes.
- 2006: Participated in a U.S. men's national team camp in January at The Home Depot Center and earned his first career cap as a substitute in a 5-0 whitewashing of Norway on Jan. 29, 2006…Ihemelu was invited to a U.S. Under-20 national team training camp after a solid freshman year at SMU.
- 2004: A first-team All-Missouri Valley Conference selection after making 14 starts for the Mustangs.
- 2003: A first team all-conference pick that scored three goals and contributed one assist in 22 games.
- 2002: A second team All-MVC choice.
- 2001: One of three players to start all 21 games the Mustangs played, recording two assists.
Full name is Ugochukwu Ihemelu…Fourth of five children…Both parents grew up in Nigeria…Family later moved to Winnipeg, Canada and then to Texas…Grew up competing in soccer, football, basketball and track…Double major in general business and psychology. Ihemelu has a dog named Harper.