Acquired on September 14, 2010 in a trade with the New York Red Bulls in exchange for Mehdi Ballouchy.
- A tall, quick and athletic forward, Kandji has the ability and willingness to take on any defender.
- Suffered torn ACL in his left knee making game-winning play in MLS Cup 2010.
- Played in seven games, with four starts, playing 337 minutes and added three assists with the Rapids.
- Notched a career-high tying two assists vs. Philadelphia (9/29).
- Started first match as a member of the Rapids at RSL (9/25).
- Made his Rapids debut and registered an assist vs. New England (9/18) in 29 minutes as a sub.
- Appeared in 13 games, eight as a starter, and tallied one goal for New York before being traded to Colorado.
- Started in friendly against Santos FC (3/20), playing 72 minutes and earning an assist.
- Underwent surgery to repair broken fifth metatarsal on April 21 – out 2-3 months and returned to lineup vs. D.C. United (7/10).
- Scored goal in friendly vs. Manchester City (7/25) and had an assist.
- Playoffs: Played in three postseason games. Converted PK attempt in shootout win at Columbus (11/6). In MLS Cup, came on in the 98th minute and suffered a torn ACL in his left knee while setting up the game-winning goal only nine minutes after coming on.
- Tallied career-highs in goals (4), assists (5), games played (23) and games started (20).
- Had first career multi-goal game with two goals in 5-0 rout of Toronto FC (10/24).
- Earned MLS Player of the Week for Week 8 vs. San Jose (5/8), having a hand in all four first half goals in a 4-1 win.
- After being signed by New York on loan on Sept. 15, made five appearances and two starts and scored one goal and added two assists.
- Made MLS debut vs. Colorado (9/27) as a substitute and earned an assist
- Scored first MLS goal at Chicago (10/23).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Prior to joining New York, appeared in 21 matches while playing for the Atlanta Silverbacks of the USL First Division and scored 11 times and recorded five assists, receiving USL Best XI honors five times.
- Made professional debut against the Charleston Battery (8/4/07).
- Helped Atlanta reach the 2007 USL Championship Match.
- Scored one goal and added one assist in eight appearances for Atlanta Silverbacks U23s of the Premier Development League (PDL) in 2006
- Attended Georgia Military College from 2004-05.
- Tallied 17 goals and six assists in 2005 season, finishing fourth in the region in scoring.
- Earned All-Region honors in 2005.
- Pronunciation: mah-KOOM-bah KAHN-gee.
- Family owns a restaurant in Nashville, TN.
- Appeared in 2010 January/February issue of Men’s Health magazine.