The stars came out to shine for the month of April in MLS.
With goals capturing the imaginations around the league, the five nominees for Etihad Airways Player of the Month all did their part on the attacking end, consistently, to help their teams last month.
At the end of each month, the MLSsoccer.com editorial staff selects the five final nominees. You then vote to determine the winner. Voting for April POTM will be open until 2:55 am ET, Thursday, May 5.
- Fanendo Adi, Portland Timbers: The Timbers' target man played all six games in April, scoring four goals and adding an assist, all in games in which his team picked up points. And Adi scored one of his now-trademark braces in a win, to boot.
- Giovani Dos Santos, LA Galaxy: Came back from an early injury in a big way in April, embarking on a scoring streak and notching three goals and two assists, many of those spectacular. LA are unbeaten since the Mexican international re-joined the lineup.
- Sebastian Giovinco, Toronto FC: Not only helped TFC weather another long road trip to start the season, but thrived, as the Italian international scored four goals away from home. All told, the club took a 2-1-1 record for the month.
- Jermaine Jones, Colorado Rapids: Colorado had to wait until the seventh game of the season for their new midfielder to take the field, but it could be argued the wait was worth it, as he scored two goals and two assists from a surprisingly advanced position on the field. Jones' contributions helped push the Rapids to the top of the Western Conference.
- Chris Wondolowski, San Jose Earthquakes: The veteran not only scored in four consecutive games in April, but he also moved up to No. 4 all-time in the MLS scoring chart. All the while, he helped San Jose post a 2-1-3 record.
Etihad Airways Player of the Month (April 2016)
Etihad Player of the Month Sweepstakes
Enter now for your chance to win an autographed jersey from an Etihad Player of the Month winner and other prizes. Sweepstakes end at 2:55 AM ET on May 5, 2016.