The U.S. Soccer Federation has announced the results of the draw for the Second Round of competition in the 2020 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, games which will be contested on April 7-9.
In a change of format this season, the Second Round is the last round before MLS teams will get involved. It will see 25 USL Championship teams, eight teams from the recently-sanctioned National Independent Soccer Association (NISA), and six USL League One teams join 19 winners from the First Round, set for March 24-25.
The Third Round, to be played from April 21-23, will feature 11 American MLS teams. The remaining 12 American MLS teams — four Concacaf Champions League entrants (Atlanta, LAFC, NYCFC, Seattle), and the next top four 2019 regular-season finishers in both the Eastern Conference (Philadelphia, D.C. United, New York Red Bulls, New England) and Western Conference (Real Salt Lake, Minnesota, LA Galaxy and Portland) — will jump into the fray in the Round of 32, to be played on May 19 and 20.
See the complete second-round draw below:
2020 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Second Round
All times Eastern, home team listed first.
- April 7, 7 p.m.: Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC (USLC) vs. West Chester United SC (NPSL)/Vereinigung Erzgebirge (Pa.) winner
- April 7, 7 or 8 p.m.: FC Motown (NPSL)/New York Pancyprian Freedoms (N.Y.) winner vs. Saint Louis FC (USLC)
- April 7, 6:30 p.m.: Richmond Kickers (USLL1) vs. Virginia United FC (Va.)/Christos FC (Md.) winner (6:30 p.m. ET)
- April 8, 7 or 8:30 p.m.: Atlantic City FC (NPSL) vs. Austin Bold FC (USLC) or Austin Bold FC vs. Newtown Pride FC (Conn.)
- April 9, 7 p.m.: Hartford Athletic (USLC) vs. Western Mass Pioneers (USLL2)/GPS Portland Phoenix (USLL2) winner
- April 7, 7 p.m.: Charlotte Independence (USLC) vs. Stumptown Athletic (NISA)
- April 7, 7 p.m.: Tampa Bay Rowdies (USLC) vs. The Villages SC (USLL2)/South Georgia Tormenta FC 2 (USLL2) winner
- April 7, 7 p.m.: North Carolina FC (USLC) vs. North Carolina Fusion U23 (USLL2)/South Carolina United Bantams (USLL2) winner
- April 7, 7 p.m.: Chattanooga Red Wolves SC (USLL1) vs. Birmingham Legion FC (USLC)
- TBD, 7 or 7:30 p.m.: Miami United FC U23 (Fla.) vs. Miami FC (USLC) or Miami FC vs. Naples United FC (NPSL)
- April 8, 7 p.m.: Charleston Battery (USLC) vs. South Georgia Tormenta FC (USLL1)
- April 8, 8 p.m.: Memphis 901 FC (USLC) vs. Chattanooga FC (NISA)
- April 7, 7 p.m.: Louisville City FC (USLC) vs. Nashville United (Tenn.)/Cleveland SC (NPSL) winner
- April 7, 7 p.m.: Greenville Triumph SC (USLL1) vs. New Mexico United (USLC)
- April 8, 7 p.m.: Indy Eleven (USLC) vs. Michigan Stars FC (NISA)
- April 8, 7:30 p.m.: Detroit City FC (NISA) vs. El Paso Locomotive FC (USLC)
- April 8, 7:30 or 8 p.m.: Louisiana Krewe FC (La.)/Corpus Christi FC (USLL2) winner vs. San Antonio FC (USLC)
- April 8, 8 p.m.: FC Tulsa (USLC) vs. Tulsa Athletic (NPSL)/Fort Worth Vaqueros (NPSL) winner
- April 8, 8 p.m.: Forward Madison FC (USLL1) vs. Chicago FC United (USLL2)/Minneapolis City SC (NPSL) winner
- April 9, 8 p.m.: Union Omaha (USLL1) vs. Des Moines Menace (USLL2)/Med City FC (NPSL) winner
- TBD, 8 p.m. or TBD: Denton Diablos FC (NPSL)/NTX Rayados (Texas) vs. OKC Energy FC (USLC)
=if the matchup is NTX Rayados vs. OKC Energy FC, the home team is TBD.
- April 7, 10:30 p.m.: LA Force (NISA) vs. San Diego Loyal SC (USLC)
- April 8, 9 p.m.: FC Boulder Harpos (Colo.) vs. Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC (USLC) or Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC vs. Crossfire Redmond (NPSL)
- April 8, 9:30 p.m.: Phoenix Rising FC (USLC) vs. FC Golden State Force (USLL2)/FC Arizona (NPSL) winner
- April 8, 10:30 p.m.: Sacramento Republic FC (USLC) vs. Oakland Roots (NISA)
- April 8, 10:30 p.m.: Orange County SC (USLC) vs. California United Strikers FC (NISA)
- April 8, 10:30 p.m.: Olympic Club (Calif.)/FC Davis (NPSL) winner vs. vs. Reno 1868 FC (USLC)
- TBD, 10:30 p.m.: San Diego 1904 FC (NISA) vs. ASC San Diego (NPSL)/Chula Vista FC (Calif.) winner
- April 9, 10:30 p.m.: Las Vegas Lights FC (USLC) vs. Cal FC (Calif.)/Ventura County Fusion (USLL2) winner