At about four-and-a-half months into the 2016 MLS season, there have been upsets, forged alliances, and new royalty crowned. Naturally, some of that plays out tangibly--on jerseys. So which players are ruling the popularity roost via jersey sales on MLSstore.com so far this year? In the list of top 20, there are some natural winners, and a few surprises.
So let's get right to it. The most-sold jersey so far? NYCFC's Andrea Pirlo.
Beyond that, here are a few other fun facts about the top 20 best-sellers this year:
- Six have featured on USMNT.
- One is a Homegrown Player! (Guess who?)
- Seven are on the 2016 MLS All-Star Fan XI.
Here's the whole list. Get any of these -- or any player or customized jersey you desire -- on MLSstore.com.
- Andrea Pirlo, New York City FC
- Clint Dempsey, Seattle Sounders FC
- David Villa, New York City FC
- Jordan Morris, Seattle Sounders FC
- Steven Gerrard, LA Galaxy
- Kaká, Orlando City SC
- Didier Drogba, Montreal Impact
- Sebastian Giovinco, Toronto FC
- Frank Lampard, New York City FC
- Dom Dwyer, Sporting Kansas City
- Darlington Nagbe, Portland Timbers
- Diego Valeri, Portland Timbers
- Giovani dos Santos, LA Galaxy
- Robbie Keane, LA Galaxy
- Graham Zusi, Sporting Kansas City
- Nat Borchers, Portland Timbers
- Brad Evans, Seattle Sounders FC
- Osvaldo Alonso, Seattle Sounders FC
- Brek Shea, Orlando City SC
- Kei Kamara, New England Revolution