The win breaks Seattle’s three-game losing streak to kick off the campaign. Montreal fell for the second straight game after opening the season with two straight wins.
The Sounders were the aggressor throughout, as Montreal looked for opportunities on the counter, finding their fair share of chances as the game wore on – and eventually outshooting Seattle 13-12.
- DEMPSEY’S BIG WEEK: Dempsey’s game-winning goal was his first of the MLS season, but second of the week. He got the US national team off on the right foot with a 12th-minute goal Tuesday in an eventual 4-0 victory over Guatemala in World Cup qualifying in Columbus, Ohio.
- CUTTING IT CLOSE: All four of Seattle’s matches this season have been decided by one goal, despite them coming out on the losing side three straight matches to start the season. Seattle lost 1-0 to Sporting Kansas City on opening day, 2-1 to Real Salt Lake in Week 2 and 2-1 to Vancouver Whitecaps two weeks ago.
- NOW YOU SEE HIM …Didier Drogba made his 2016 debut in Montreal’s 2-0 loss two weeks ago in Dallas, but he didn’t make the 18 this time around on Seattle’s turf field. Dominic Oduro instead got the nod up top as Montreal fired off 13 shots but failed to find the back of the net for the second straight week.
- MTL: Saturday, April 9 vs. Columbus Crew SC (4 pm ET; MLS LIVE)
- SEA: Sunday, April 10 at Houston Dynamo (7 pm ET; FS1)