MLS Announces Remaining Regular Season Schedule
MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T to air on Nov. 8 on ABC, FS1, TSN, and TVA Sports
(September 22, 2020)
– Major League Soccer today announced the schedule and broadcast details for the remainder of the 2020 MLS Regular Season. The regular season culminates with MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T on Sunday, Nov. 8 on ABC, FS1, TSN, and TVA Sports.
for the updated 2020 MLS regular season schedule.
MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T will feature all 26 teams in action and could have major implications on the MLS Golden Boot presented by Audi, Supporters’ Shield, and seedings for the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs. On Decision Day, the 14 Eastern Conference teams will kick off in seven simultaneous games at 3:30 p.m. ET before the 12 Western Conference teams kick off in six simultaneous games at 6:30 p.m. ET.
The schedule will feature exclusively intraconference matchups during the final two weeks of the regular season, beginning in the Western Conference with a Univision broadcast of the Texas Derby featuring FC Dallas vs. Houston Dynamo on Oct. 31 at 3:30 p.m. ET.
ABC will host penultimate weekend coverage for the first time in league history, when the network televises the Eastern Conference matchup of Columbus Crew SC vs. Philadelphia Union on Nov. 1 at 3:30 p.m. ET, with Spanish-language coverage provided by ESPN Deportes. TVA Sports will host Montreal Impact vs. Orlando City SC at 7:30 p.m. ET, and a TSN doubleheader will place the spotlight on Toronto FC vs. Inter Miami CF at 7:30 p.m. ET before Portland Timbers vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC at 10 p.m. ET.
For Decision Day on Nov. 8, flex scheduling allows broadcast partners to bring the most compelling matchups to national audiences. ABC and ESPN Deportes will broadcast a select Eastern Conference game at 3:30 p.m. ET, followed by FS1 and FOX Deportes airing a select Western Conference game at 6:30 p.m. ET. TSN will host coverage of New York Red Bulls vs. Toronto FC (3:30 p.m. ET) in addition to Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. LA Galaxy (6:30 p.m. ET). TVA Sports will carry the final regular season match for the Montreal Impact, as they face D.C. United (3:30 p.m. ET).
In total, MLS has seven network broadcast windows across ABC, FOX, and Univision networks from Oct. 3 through Nov. 8. In addition, matches will air regionally through individual club broadcast partners and will be showcased nationally, out-of-market, on ESPN+ in the U.S.
The ESPN networks will air five matches during this period, with one of its three ABC windows including the El Tráfico rivalry between the Los Angeles Football Club and LA Galaxy on Oct. 25 (3:30 p.m. ET, ABC). ESPN’s coverage also will include LAFC vs. Seattle Sounders FC on Oct. 11 (7 p.m. ET, ESPN) and LA Galaxy vs. Portland Timbers on Oct. 28 (10 p.m. ET, ESPN).
FOX Sports will host four MLS matches to close out the regular reason, on the road to airing MLS Cup on Dec. 12. A spotlight will shine on Orlando City SC vs. New York Red Bulls on Oct. 3 (4 p.m. ET, FOX/FOX Deportes) in addition to the rivalry match featuring Orlando City SC vs. Atlanta United on Oct. 28 (7:30 p.m. ET, FS1/FOX Deportes).
Univision network and UniMás will host a combined five MLS broadcasts, including a Florida showdown between Inter Miami CF and Orlando City SC on Oct. 24 (3:30 p.m. ET, Univision). Matches not aired nationally by a U.S, English-language network will be streamed live in English on Twitter.
TSN will continue to cover all Toronto FC and Vancouver Whitecaps FC games through the end of the regular season, including Toronto FC vs. New York City FC on Oct. 28 (7:30 p.m. ET) – a rematch of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Semifinals. In addition, TSN’s coverage will feature select Montreal Impact games during this period.
TVA Sports will continue to televise all Montreal Impact matches through the grand finale of the 2020 campaign, highlighting Montreal’s match against the No. 1-ranked Columbus Crew SC on Oct. 7 (7:30 p.m. ET).
The three Canadian clubs will continue their seasons in accordance with travel protocols. Home games are slated for the Montreal Impact at Red Bull Arena (Harrison, N.J.), Toronto FC at Rentschler Field (East Hartford, Conn.), and Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Providence Park (Portland, Ore).
MLS clubs will continue to adhere to comprehensive health and safety protocols, including regular testing of players, coaches and essential staff for COVID-19.
MLS Schedule Notes:
- MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T, the final day of 2020 MLS Regular Season action, will take place on Sunday, Nov. 8.
- Broadcast coverage to feature seven games televised on ABC, FOX, and Univision.
- National broadcast coverage of MLS Decision Day 2020 presented by AT&T will feature an Eastern Conference match on ABC at 3:30 p.m. ET and a Western Conference match on FS1 at 6:30 p.m. ET.
- Matches have been scheduled to minimize travel time, allowing visiting teams to arrive and depart on match day for the majority of games.
- No team will play the same opponent more than four times across all phases of regular season competition (including regular season games in MLS markets, and MLS is Back Tournament Group Stage games).
- *Note: Match details will be announced at a later date for rescheduled Nashville SC vs. FC Dallas and LA Galaxy vs. Sounders FC games.