With Dominique Badji's brace and a Shkelzen Gashi strike, the Colorado Rapids clinched a top-two seed and an automatic berth in the 2016 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Western Conference Semifinals with a 2-1 victory Saturday night at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston. The full result brings Colorado within two points of FC Dallas in the Supporters' Shield race, and hold a game in hand.
A Mauro Manotas goal at the end of the first half leveled the match for the Dynamo, who needed a win to extend their season. Instead, they were eliminated from playoff contention with a loss.
- 12' – COL – Dominique Badji (Dillon Powers, Sebastien Le Toux)
- 45' – HOU – Mauro Manotas (Sheanon Williams, Ricardo Clark)
- 54' – COL – Dominique Badji (Dillon Powers)
- 79’ – COL – Shkelzen Gashi (Micheal Azira)
- 81’ – HOU – Mauro Manotas
- Full Box Score
- Game Stats
- Watch Highlights
- BADJI BRACE: Dominique Badji’s goals doubled his goal count over the past five games – all starts. Colorado is unbeaten (3-0-2) during that stretch.
- HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM: The Dynamo conceded the opening goal for the 12th time this season, and are now 0-9-3 when doing so.
- RAPIDS RISING SUPPORT: The Rapids undefeated streak, now at five, has pulled them within two points of Supporters' Shield leader FC Dallas. The race is tighter than ever, and both teams are guaranteed a spot in the Conference Semifinals.