With a 4-2 win over Guyana in Group D, Panama have inched towards a place in the knockout rounds of the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup.
Guyana didn't fold after going down, scoring their first-ever Gold Cup goal through a Neil Danns penalty. Alberto Quintero's rash challenge on Jordan Dover gave the Golden Jaguars the golden opportunity to score from the spot.
Panama re-took the lead minutes later through an own goal before adding an insurance goal in the second half from the penalty spot. The initial penalty was saved, but controversially ordered to be retaken due to goalkeeper encroachment.
Danns scored Guyana's second, again with a penalty, in stoppage time.
- 16' – PAN – Abdiel Arroyo
- 33' – GUY – Neil Danns (PK)
- 40' – PAN – Terence Vancooten (OG)
- 51' – PAN – Eric Davis (PK)
- 86' – PAN – Gabriel Torres
- 90+3' – GUY – Neil Danns (PK)
MOMENT OF THE MATCH:
Guyana's first Gold Cup goal in their history was special.
- GUY: Wednesday, June 26 vs. Trinidad and Tobago (6:30 pm ET | FS1, UDN)
- PAN: Wednesday, June 26 vs. United States (9 pm ET | FS1, UniMas, UDN)