Five of Wednesday night's MLS Week 7 matches have been postponed in the wake of protests following the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin:
- Inter Miami CF vs. Atlanta United (8 p.m. ET)
- FC Dallas vs. Colorado Rapids (8:30 p.m. ET)
- Real Salt Lake vs. LAFC (9:30 p.m. ET)
- San Jose Earthquakes vs. Portland Timbers (10:30 p.m. ET)
- LA Galaxy vs. Seattle Sounders (11:00 p.m. ET)
Major League Soccer issued the following statement:
Major League Soccer has made the decision to postpone the remaining five matches -- Miami-Atlanta, Dallas-Colorado, Real Salt Lake-LAFC, San Jose-Portland, LA Galaxy-Seattle -- scheduled for this evening. Each match will be rescheduled.
The postponements come in the wake of an earlier decision by the NBA to postpone three games on Wednesday after the Milwaukee Bucks refused to take the court, in response to the Blake shooting and the two killings during the ensuing protests. In addition to MLS and the NBA, several MLB games on Wednesday were also postponed.
Wednesday's Orlando-Nashville game kicked off as scheduled at 7:30 p.m. ET, but every MLS match scheduled to kick off after that one was postponed: