Reminder: Transfer deadline locks at 7:45 pm ET on Wednesday, so make your moves today! As usual, you'll be able to substitute players up until their scheduled game time.
Despite low scores all around for most MLS Fantasy owners, Round 9 did have a few bright spots. The high score dropped 10 points from the previous week (103 points to 93 points) and the average dropped to a season-low 38 points.
Joao Plata was the overall top scorer with 14 points. He has five goals, two assists and 47 total points in only 391 minutes played this season. He has scored 21 points in his last two starts since returning from injury.
Here's the recap for Round 9, along with 10 low-priced (DGW) sleepers for Round 10 and the top transfers both in and out.
- Games (9): 28 goals, 3 clean sheets
- Top Player(s): Joao Plata
- Highest Score: 93 points (Have A Go Heroes)
- Average Score: 38 points
- Most-captained: Clint Dempsey
- Dream Team: Round 9
- Top Scorers - Complete list
The most important double-game week of the season is upon us. With that said, I'm rolling out some differential picks/sleepers who could help you this week. (A "differential pick" is a player who has been selected by less than 10 percent of fantasy owners, as detailed here.)
Grab one of these lower-priced players and spend big elsewhere. All of them cost less than $6.0m and are owned by no more than 10 percent of managers.
- Clint Irwin (GK), $4.9m - Owned by 5.9 percent
- Steve Clark (GK), $5.0m - Owned by 3.6 percent
- Jon Busch (GK), $5.4m - Owned by 1.9 percent
- Raúl Fernández (GK) $5.4m - Owned by 0.7 percent
- Zach Loyd (DEF), $5.3m - Owned by 10 percent
- Danny Garcia (MID), $4.4m - Owned by 0.8 percent
- J.J. Koval (MID), $4.6m - Owned by 2.8 percent
- Dillon Serna (MID), $4.7m - Owned by 6.3 percent
- Servando Carrasco (MID), $5.2m - Owned by 1.3 percent
- Nick LaBrocca (MID), $5.9m - Owned by 1.6 percent
Top Transfers (IN)
Thirteen players have risen in price already this round. If you're looking to build your team's value, you have to get your transfers done early in the week.
The five players listed below have all jumped up in price $0.1m. For the full list click HERE.
|Player||Position||Selected||Price||Total Score||Transfers IN|
Top Transfers (OUT)
Mauro Díaz continues to decline in value. He's dropped $0.3m over the last few days and it probably won't slow down anytime soon. You're losing money the longer you hold onto to him, so be sure to keep that in mind if you plan on leaving him on your bench much longer.
|Player||Position||Selected||Price||Total Score||Transfers OUT|
Round 9 Dream Team
Have a question for the Starting Lineup crew? Share your thoughts in the comments or hit us up on Twitter: @MLSFantasy