HOW ACQUIRED: Signed via free agency on January 27, 2016.
An eight-year MLS veteran, LaBrocca is on his second tour of duty with the Rapids (fourth year), after starting his career with the Colorado club in 2007.
- One of Colorado’s most durable and versatile performers, he started 29 of the 31 games he appeared in.
- Was called upon to play a number of positions during the course of the year.
- Was traded to the Rapids before the start of 2013 and filled in a variety of midfield roles throughout the season
- On 7/17, he scored his first Rapids’ goal since his return to the club, vs. New England
- Continued his solid performance as a regular starter in the Chivas USA midfield.
- Was acquired by Chivas USA in a trade with Toronto FC on March 11, 2011 and scored eight goals in his debut season with the Goats earning him the team’s Golden Boot Award.
- Scored the 10,000th goal in MLS history in a 1-1 draw with Sporting KC on July 9, 2011.
- Selected by Hans Backe for the 2011 MLS All-Stars.
- Was traded to Toronto FC on March 25, 2010 along with the Rapids’ 2011 SuperDraft pick in exchange for Marvell Wynne. Made his debut for Toronto FC on March 27.
- Continued his good form, missing only one game during the season. He scored the game-winning goal against rivals Real Salt Lake on May 2.
- Became a regular starter in his second professional season.
- Scored his first MLS goal on April 12 at New England.
- Selected by the Colorado Rapids with the 35th overall selection at the 2007 MLS SuperDraft.
- Played in two first-team matches in his first season, while also leading the club to the Reserve League championship.
- Participated in training camp with the U.S. Men's National team in November 2008.
- Member of every U.S. Youth National Team from age 14 through 23.
- Started every game during his four-year career at Rutgers University, scoring 10 goals and posting eight assists between 2003-06. Was a three-time All-Big East selection, and earned NSCAA All-Northeast Region Second Team Honors and helped guide the Scarlet Knights to a pair of NCAA Tournament appearances.
- Named the team’s Most Valuable Player on two separate occasions and was selected for team captain in 2005.
- Attended Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft, New Jersey
- Majored in Sports Management.