A Seattle Sounders player is once again in the crosshairs of the MLS Disciplinary Committee.
On Friday it was Sounders right back Zach Scott who was suspended and fined an undisclosed amount for "endangering the safety of FC Dallas midfielder Fabian Castillo" on a tackle that occurred in the 75th minute of Seattle's 2-0 midweek victory at FC Dallas on May 9. Scott received a yellow card on the play (video embedded below).
The defender will not be available to manager Sigi Schmid when the Sounders welcome Western Conference leaders Real Salt Lake on Saturday night (10 pm ET, MLS LIVE).
Scott joins three other Sounders players who have been sanctioned by the Disciplinary Committee thus far in 2012: Alvaro Fernandez (embellishment), Eddie Johnson (inappopriate gesture) and Leo Gonzalez (endangering safety of an opponent).
Fines are collected by MLS and donated to the charitable partners of MLS W.O.R.K.S. and the MLS Players Union.
Major League Soccer Disciplinary Committee action in 2012
- Houston Dynamo's Colin Clark suspended for three games and fined for using a homophobic slur at CenturyLink Field
- Houston Dynamo's Adam Moffat suspended and fined for one game for a reckless challenge
- Seattle Sounders' Alvaro Fernandez fined for embellishment of contact
- D.C. United's Brandon McDonald suspended and fined for a reckless challenge
- FC Dallas' Jair Benitez suspended and fined for one game for violent conduct involving D.C. United's Danny Cruz
- Vancouver's Atiba Harris suspended and fined for one game for violent conduct involving Philadelphia's Carlos Valdes
- D.C. United's Danny Cruz fined for embellishment of contact
- New England's Shalrie Joseph suspended and fined for one game for reckless challenge on Ricardo Villar
- NYRB's Rafael Marquez suspended three matches for tackling, falling on and kicking San Jose's Shea Salinas
- SJ's Marvin Chavez suspended one game for reckless challenge on New York's Roy Miller
- FC Dallas forward Blas Perez suspended one game and fined for endangering safety of an opponent after elbow to Vancouver's Jordan Harvey
- Gabriel Farfan suspended two additional games and fined for reckless tackle on Chivas USA's James Riley
- Seattle's Eddie Johnson fined for making an inappopriate gesture upon leaving the field on April 28 vs. Chicago
- Seattle's Leo Gonzalez suspended and fined for endangering safety of Union's Sheanon Williams on May 5 vs. Philadelphia
- Red-card suspension received by New England's Fernando Cardenas in May 5 match vs. Real Salt Lake is rescinded on appeal by Revolution
- Seattle's Zach Scott fined and suspended for endangering safety of FCD's Fabian Castillo on May 9