FC Dallas' Blas Perez handed one-game suspension
NEW YORK – Blas Perez has become the latest player in 2012 to face a retroactive suspension from the MLS Disciplinary Committee.
WATCH: Perez elbows Harvey
The Disciplinary Committee has suspended the FC Dallas forward one game and fined him an undisclosed amount for endangering the safety of his opponent when he elbowed Jordan Harvey in the 29th minute of the April 21 game against Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
Pérez will serve his suspension this Wednesday when FC Dallas host Real Salt Lake at 8:30 pm. ET. He will, however, be eligible for Dallas' trip to face the LA Galaxy on Saturday.
Fines collected will be donated to the charitable partners of MLS W.O.R.K.S. and the MLS Players Union.
Major League Soccer Disciplinary Committee action in 2012
- Colin Clark suspended for three games and fined for using a homophobic slur on the field
- Adam Moffat suspended and fined for one game for a reckless challenge
- Álvaro Fernández fined for embellishment of contact
- Brandon McDonald suspended and fined for one game for a reckless challenge
- Jair Benítez suspended and fined for one game for violent conduct
- Atiba Harris suspended and fined for one game for violent conduct
- Danny Cruz fined for embellishment of contact
- Shalrie Joseph suspended and fined for one game for reckless challenge
- Rafa Márquez suspended for three games and fined for violent conduct
- Marvin Chávez suspended for one game and fined for reckless challenge