This roster composition page reflects players that the league has received ALL paperwork for (ITC, Visas, federation registration, etc.) in order to be officially added to a club's first team 2020 roster.
RELATED: Injury report | Suspensions
| of 30 active slots filled
|Senior Roster ( of 20 slots filled)
|Supplemental Slots 21-24 ( of 4 slots filled)
|Supplemental Slots 25-30 ( of 6 slots filled)
|Designated Players (3 max)
|International Players ( of slots filled)
|International players that do not count against slots
2020 MLS Roster Notes
- A club's active roster is comprised of up to 30 players. All 30 players are eligible for selection to each 18-player game-day squad during the 2020 MLS regular season and playoffs.
- SENIOR: Up to 20 players, occupying roster slots 1-20, count against the club's 2020 Salary Budget of $4,900,000 and are referred to collectively as the club's Senior Roster.
- SUPPLEMENTAL: The salaries of players on the Supplemental Roster (slots 21-30) do not count toward a club's Salary Budget.
- SLOTS 21-24: Slots 21-24 may be filled with (i) Senior Minimum Salary Players ($81,375 in 2020), which may include Homegrown Players, (ii) Generation adidas Players, (iii) any specifically designated players eligible for the MLS SuperDraft; or (iv) Homegrown Players earning more than the Senior Minimum Salary subject to the Homegrown Player Subsidy.
- SLOTS 25-28: Slots 25-28 may be filled with (i) players earning the Reserve Minimum Salary ($63,547 in 2020) or (ii) Homegrown Players earning more than the Reserve Minimum Salary subject to the Homegrown Player Subsidy. Reserve Minimum Salary Players must be 24 years or younger.
- SLOTS 29-20: Slots 29 and 30 must be filled with Homegrown Players and will follow the same roster and budget rules as Homegrown Players occupying roster slots 25-28.
- International: In 2020, a total of 208 international roster slots are divided among the 26 clubs. These spots are tradable, in full season increments, so some clubs may have more than eight and some clubs may have fewer than eight.
- Designated Player: The Designated Player Rule allows clubs to acquire up to three players whose total compensation and acquisition costs exceed the Maximum Salary Budget Charge, with the club bearing financial responsibility for the amount of compensation above each player's Salary Budget Charge. Designated Player slots are not tradable.
- Young Designated Player (U23): A Designated Player age 21-23 will carry the following Salary Budget Charge: $200,000
- Young Designated Player (U20): A Designated Player age 20 and younger will carry the following Salary Budget Charge: $150,000
- Homegrown: A club may sign a player to a contract without subjecting him to the MLS SuperDraft if the player has been a member of that club's youth academy for at least one year and has met the necessary training and retention requirements. Players joining MLS through this mechanism are known as Homegrown Players.
- Generation adidas: Generation adidas (GA) is a joint programs between MLS and adidas that are dedicated to developing exceptional domestic talent in a professional environment. Until a player graduates from the program, Generation adidas players are on a club's Supplemental Roster.
- All roster rules and regulations