The only goal in the first half came off by far the biggest chance. Gonzalo Higuain was able to find Rodolfo Pizarro after his run through the Dallas backline went unchecked. The Mexican international coolly finished past Jimmy Maurer as he was 1v1 with the 'keeper.
The second half opened up after Leandro Gonzalez Pirez clattered into FCD right back Bryan Reynolds in his own penalty box in the 56th minute. A penalty was called and Franco Jara was able to slot the PK past John McCarthy. It was first goal in over a month. Blaise Matuidi and Fafa Picault both had opportunities to put their teams up with back-to-back headers just after the goal but couldn't finish.
Reynolds finished a dominating second half by playing 1-2 with Michael Barrios and then gliding past Gonzalez Pirez in the box. He slid the ball back towards the backpost and found a streaking Ryan Hollingshead, who finished easily past McCarthy.
- 33' — MIA — Rodolfo Pizarro | WATCH
- 60' — DAL – Franco Jara (PK) | WATCH
- 82' — DAL — Ryan Hollingshead | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: The win puts Dallas solidly above the playoff line and they could be line to clinch their spot in the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs shortly. On the other side, Miami's opening goal briefly put them in ninth place but the loss puts them back in the pack fighting for the last spot. They sit in that spot but Chicago have a game in hand and one point to make up.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Fullback to fullback was the answer for FCD as they take all three points.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Reynolds was special in the second half, creating many scoring opportunities. He drew the PK for the equalizer and provided the assist on the winner.