2019 MLS Regular Season – Week 28
Orlando City SC vs. New England Revolution
Exploria Stadium – Orlando
September 14 – 7:30 PM ET
STREAMING: MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US, on DAZN in Canada
The New England Revolution sit just above the playoff line and Orlando City SC are four points below it, as the Eastern Conference foes square off in a critical tilt with major playoff implications Saturday at Exploria Stadium.
The Lions (9-13-8) bounced back from two straight defeats to draw LAFC, 2-2, Saturday night at home. One minute after Adrian Perez's opening goal for the visitors, Nani leveled. Benji Michel put Orlando in front on 20 minutes, but Diego Rossi equalized in the 78th minute for the shorthanded runaway Supporters' Shield leaders.
The Revs (10-10-9) had a rollercoaster first 10 minutes and saw a pair of Video Review decisions go against them in a 2-1 defeat to New York City FC Saturday afternoon at Yankee Stadium. Juan Fernando Caicedo got New England off to a dream start, latching onto a sublime ball by Andrew Farrell to put the visitors in front inside of two minutes. That dream became a nightmare when Antonio Delamea was sent off for DOGSO following Video Review in the 9th minute. After Jesus Medina leveled in the 70th minute, the second-half substitute scored the decisive goal in stoppage time when NYCFC was awarded a penalty kick following Video Review.
This is their second meeting this season, with the Revs cruising to a 4-1 win at Gillette Stadium July 27. After Gustavo Bou scored the lone goal of the first half, Cristian Penilla and Carles Gil struck 13 minutes apart early in the second half and Diego Fagundez tacked on another insurance goal in the 75th minute. Tesho Akindele salvaged a goal two minutes later.
Orlando City SC
- Injury Report:
- QUESTIONABLE: Joao Moutinho (D) - hamstring injury
- QUESTIONABLE: Mauricio Pereyra (M) - hamstring injury
- Suspended: Uri Rosell (M)
- Suspended after next caution: Dom Dwyer (F)
- International duty: Kamal Miller (D), Will Johnson (M), Jhegson Mendez (M), Carlos Ascue (M)
New England Revolution
- Injury Report:
- OUT: Edgar Castillo (D) - rib injury
- QUESTIONABLE: Teal Bunbury (F) - hamstring injury
- Suspended: Juan Agudelo (M), Wilfried Zahibo (M)
- Suspended after next caution: Carles Gil (M), Andrew Farrell (D)
- International duty: None
Series Matchup at Orlando City SC
- Orlando City SC: 2 wins, 16 goals
- Revolution: 0 wins, 9 goals
- 3 draws
- Referee: Fotis Bazakos
- Assistant Referees: Brian Poeschel, Jason White
- 4th Official: Marcos DeOliveira
- VAR: Victor Rivas