The ball got rolling in the 11th minute, as Matt Hedges used a towering header to power home a Michael Barrios corner kick. The Colombian winger then made it 2-0 in the 43 minute, as he ripped home to the far post on a mazing run that was set up by 16-year-old striker Ricardo Pepi, who was on loan from North Texas SC.
To add insult to injury, Dominique Badji added a third in the 52nd minute when he stroked home a set piece atop the 18-yard box, putting the game out of reach. If that wasn't enough, Reto Ziegler rifled home a penalty kick in the 90th minute that arrived after midfielder Bryan Reynolds was hacked down.
- 11' – FCD – Matt Hedges | WATCH
- 43' – FCD – Michael Barrios | WATCH
- 52' – FCD – Dominique Badji | WATCH
- 90' – FCD – Reto Ziegler | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: FC Dallas has won its last two Open Cup games against OKC Energy, and things were no different Wednesday evening. The other two came in 2015 and 2016, with the latter part of Dallas’ run to an eventual championship.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: While he didn't find the back of the net, US U-17 national team striker Ricardo Pepi did nab an assist in the 43rd minute and went the full 90. On loan from North Texas SC, he's been tearing it up against USL League One foes.
- MAN OF THE MATCH: With a goal and an assist, Barrios is the logical honoree here. He was a nuisance on the right flank all evening before making way for US U-20 World Cup returnee Edwin Cerrillo in the 71st minute.
- FCD: June 18-23, Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Round of 16
- OKC: June 15 at San Antonio FC (9 pm ET) | USL Championship