They were two of the last four undefeated teams in MLS entering Week 7, and the matchup between the Seattle Sounders and Toronto FC played out like a heavyweight battle, finishing 3-2 for the home side.
The two clubs, which met in consecutive MLS Cup finals in 2016 and 2017, exchanged first-half goals with their respective target strikers -- Jozy Altidore and Will Bruin -- converting on headers in the span of 13 minutes.
Midway through the second half, Bruin came through with another goal and Cristian Roldan followed up with a third on a nifty strike just two minutes later.
Then Altidore again connected with playmaker Alejandro Pozuelo on a second goal to set up a thrilling finale. First Pozuelo forced Seattle's Stefan Frei into a world-class, stoppage-time save and then Laurent Ciman blasted a shot off the left post as Seattle held on for the three points.
- 11' – TOR – Jozy Altidore (Alejandro Pozuelo) | WATCH
- 24' – SEA – Will Bruin | WATCH
- 66' – SEA – Will Bruin (Brad Smith, Nicolas Lodeiro) | WATCH
- 68' – SEA – Cristian Roldan (Kelvin Leerdam, Gustav Svensson) | WATCH
- 70' – TOR – Jozy Altidore (Alejandro Pozuelo, Laurent Ciman) | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: This was a well-played match on both sides of the ball between two teams that have the early look of contenders. There was little between these two teams and the Sounders simply made one more play.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: Several of the goals scored on the day were high quality, but this save by goalkeeper Stefan Frei on a potential stoppage-time equalizer for Toronto was an obvious turning point:
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Sounders forward Will Bruin, taking the place of starter Raul Ruidiaz, continues to produce every time he's called into action, matching Altidore on the day with two strikes. Fans will be eager for word on the injury that forced him to limp off the field and sub out in the 79th minute.
- SEA: Sun., April 21 at LAFC (7 pm ET | FS1 & FOX Deportes in US; MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada)
- TOR: Fri., April 19 vs. Minnesota United (8 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN+ in US; TSN in Canada)