Fast starters FC Dallas have hit a bump in the road in recent weeks, but things are not going to get any easier for them.
FC Dallas welcome the Seattle Sounders on Saturday night in a Western Conference showdown that is also Week 11's MLS LIVE Game of the Week. The match at Toyota Stadium will be available on MLS LIVE everywhere in the U.S. and Canada (except the Q13 FOX - Seattle region), and there is no shortage of reasons for you to tune in to this one.
Here are the top five:
- ROOKIE RECORD: One of the more in-form players heading into this game is Seattle Sounders youngster Jordan Morris, who is looking to break the MLS rookie record for consecutive games with a goal. Morris has scored in each of the club's last four matches to tie the mark, and finding the back of the net against FCD would see him make it his own.
- HOME SWEET HOME: FC Dallas just wrapped up a three-game road trip with three shutout losses, and will be itching to get back in front of their home fans in Frisco, given their undefeated mark at home this year. Dallas are 3-0-2 in games at Toyota Stadium in 2016.
- TACKLING ROAD WOES: Conversely, the Sounders have yet to win on the road this season, going 0-2-1 thus far. Seattle will attempt to pick up their first victory away from home in order to pick up some confidence, an important matter since they will serve as visitors in four of their next five fixtures.
- HUNGRY FOR MORE: Dallas is a homecoming of sorts for Sounders forward Clint Dempsey, who will attempt to make his mark once again in Saturday's encounter after ending a drought and scoring his second goal of the season in last weekend's 2-0 win over the San Jose Earthquakes.
- GOALKEEPER DECISION: FC Dallas head coach Oscar Pareja will have to figure out this week which of his goalkeepers he starts vs. Seattle. Recent starter Jesse Gonzalez left Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Toronto FC with an apparent neck injury, so veteran Chris Seitz might be called upon for his seventh start of the year if the youngster is not ready to go.