CONCACAF Champions League play kicked off Tuesday night, but the preseason action is not over yet. Wednesday has a full slate of matches for MLS fans everywhere:
Feb. 25 (all times ET)
- 2 pm: San Jose Earthquakes 4, SF Stompers FC 1 | RECAP
- 4pm: New York City FC 1, Houston Dynamo 2 | RECAP (NYC) | RECAP (HOU) | REPLAY
- 5pm: Columbus Crew SC 1, Philadelphia Union 1 (Philadelphia win 5-3 on penalty kicks) | RECAP (CLB) | RECAP (PHI)
- 6:30pm: Charleston Battery 1, Orlando City 1 (game called at 27' due to inclement weather) | RECAP
- 7:30pm: New York Red Bulls 2, Toronto FC 0 | RECAP (RBNY) | RECAP (TOR) | HIGHLIGHTS
- 7:30pm: Colorado Rapids 1, FC Tucson 0 | REPLAY
- 8pm: New England Revolution 2, Seattle Sounders 1 | RECAP (SEA) | RECAP (NE) | REPLAY
- 8pm: Vancouver Whitecaps 3, Stabaek 2 | RECAP | REPLAY
- 10pm: Real Salt Lake 2, Sporting Kansas City 1 | RECAP (SKC)
- 10:30pm: Portland Timbers 1, Chicago Fire 1 | RECAP (POR) | RECAP (CHI) | REPLAY
Follow all of today's news and updates from MLS training camps below, and for the entire preseason schedule, click here.
SIMPLY A DRAW
The Portland Timbers and Chicago Fire played to a 1-1 draw Wednesday night in the Simple Invitational at Providence Park in Portland, Ore. – with all the scoring from the home side, a goal from Michael Nanchoff and an own goal.
Nanchoff swung in a 22nd-minute free kick, while the own goal came on a deflection from a Fire corner kick. Portland finished with 10 men after George Fochive picked up a second yellow late, the third Timbers player to be sent off in their two tournament games.
Portland finish their preseason and the tournament Saturday against Norwegian side Stabaek, while the Fire play the Vancouver Whitecaps on the same day.
WHICH NYCFC PLAYER WILL DEBUT TONIGHT?
New York City FC are set to face an MLS team for just the second time when they face the Houston Dynamo at 4pm ET.
The WFAN radio crew of Tom Kolker and Glenn Crooks previewed the game by discussing NYCFC's use of both a 4-4-2 and a 4-2-3-1 last weekend against Orlando, plus they break news that one NYCFC player will be making his debut tonight:
EARLIER KICK TIMES IN CAROLINA
Due to anticipated inclement weather on Daniel Island, South Carolina, both of today's games in the Carolina Challenge Cup will kick off one hour earlier.
That means New York City FC and the Houston Dynamo will square off at 4pm ET, with the Charleston Battery and Orlando City kicking off at 6:30pm ET.
NOT MORE SNOW!
As bad as this winter has been in Boston and the Northeast, inclement weather is hardly limited to one region.
Even the usually temperate climes of North Texas saw some snow today:
CRIBS: MLS PRESEASON
Having escaped the New England weather, New England Revolution defender Andrew Farrell gave fans a video tour of his team's digs in "sunny" Arizona.
Toronto FC do not kick off until 7:30pm ET tonight at the IMG Suncoast Pro Classic in Bradenton, Florida, but their anticipated starters were up early on Wednesday to check out the field.