Come Monday, the countdown to crown MLSsoccer.com's top 24 Under 24 for 2013 will begin with MLS standouts such as Darlington Nagbe, Jack McInerney, DeAndre Yedlin, Luis Gil and Diego Fagundez among the talented group of players vying for the honor.
Players who are 23 years old and younger as of the final day of the 2013 MLS season – in this case, MLS Cup on Dec. 7 – were eligible for inclusion. Votes were collected from the MLSsoccer.com editorial staff and various American soccer media members.
MLSsoccer.com staff and media panelists rated players based on the following five criteria:
- Technical (skills, dribbling, shooting, first touch, heading, etc.)
- Tactical (positioning, reading game, soccer IQ, etc.)
- Physical Attributes (speed, endurance, strength, vertical leap, etc.)
- Personality (marketability, media savvy, quotability, charisma, intangibles, etc.)
- Potential (upside, national team potential, potential future transfer value, etc.)
Sept. 16: 21-24 revealed
Sept. 17: 20-16 revealed
Sept. 18: 15-11 revealed
Sept. 19: 10-6 revealed
Sept. 20: 1-5 revealed
Let us know who you think should be No. 1 in the comment section below? Will Mattocks repeat? Who will be this year's dark horse?