The National Sales Center (NSC) is a highly selective sales training program. It provides a one-of-kind learning environment and exposure to the fundamentals of MLS ticket sales. Trainees will have the opportunity to apply what they are learning to the sales of season, group and mini plan ticket inventory for different MLS clubs during the program. In addition to the real-life sales experience selling for MLS clubs, trainees will benefit from instructional feedback from audio and video analysis as well as innovative coaching from local improvisational theatre instructors. Each session will be up to five months long. At the conclusion of most months, those trainees completing designated performance criteria will have the opportunity to interview for sales positions at MLS clubs.
National Sales Center Highlights
- Provides a solid sales foundation which allows the opportunity for advancement.
- Program has placed over 200 account executives with 22 different clubs.
- In the five years of the NSC’s existence, over 25 graduates have risen in the ranks to move into management roles at various MLS Clubs.
- The NSC runs three sessions per year, scheduled for January, June, and August.
- Candidates apply with a resume and a 2-minute video explaining "why soccer; why sales?"
- As part of the curriculum, trainees conduct live sales calls to sell MLS tickets packages for multiple MLS clubs
- Unique partnership with the longest-running Improv company in the United States, the Brave New Workshop
National Sales Center Office
- The NSC offices are located on the campus of the National Sports Center located in Blaine, MN, just outside of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- The National Sports Center...
- Is the world’s largest amateur sports complex (600 acres)
- Has been recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the largest soccer complex in the world (52 fields)
- Hosts the Schwan´s USA Cup, the largest youth soccer tournament in the Western Hemisphere
- Is the official training facility for the US Women's Hockey Team
- Provides a room and board package available to all NSC Trainees.