The MLS National Sales Center is seeking positive and passionate individuals to enter an intensive and highly selective two-to-three month sales training program. The National Sales Center is a performance-based program which allows successful NSC Trainees the opportunity to interview for sales positions at MLS Clubs. The MLS National Sales Center has produced over 300 hires for 24 MLS clubs over 26 sessions. NSC Trainees are put through a world-class sales training process gaining in-depth knowledge of MLS Ticket Sales by working with MLS clubs and partners, selling premium inventory, season tickets, mini plans, and group tickets. Trainees will primarily use phone and email to market and sell packages, but will also have the opportunity to practice face-to-face selling in select instances. Each NSC Trainee is also provided day-to-day mentoring by upper-level MLS executives.
National Sales Center Highlights
- Provides a solid sales foundation which allows the opportunity for advancement.
- Program has placed over 300 account executives with 24 different clubs.
- In the eight years of the NSC’s existence, over 50 graduates have risen in the ranks to move into management roles at various MLS Clubs.
- The NSC runs three sessions per year, scheduled for January, June, and August.
- As part of the curriculum, trainees conduct live sales calls to sell MLS tickets packages for multiple MLS clubs.
- Unique partnership with the longest-running Improv company in the United States, the Brave New Workshop.
National Sales Center Office
- The NSC offices are located on the campus of the National Sports Center located in Blaine, MN, just outside of Minneapolis and St. Paul
- The National Sports Center...
- Is the world’s largest amateur sports complex (600 acres)
- Has been recognized by the Guinness Book of Records as the largest soccer complex in the world (52 fields)
- Hosts the Schwan´s USA Cup, the largest youth soccer tournament in the Western Hemisphere
- Is the official training facility for the US Women's Hockey Team
- Provides a room and board package available to all NSC Trainees
- Jeff Berryhill is the Director of the National Sales Center. He is involved in all aspects of running the program. Jeff spent two seasons with the Chicago Fire Soccer Club as Ticket Sales Manager. During his time with the Chicago Fire, he helped oversee the day-to-day operations of the sales staff. The 2010 season ended with a #2 overall rank in MLS for group sales. The following season, the Chicago Fire Soccer Club sold a record of 3,000 new season tickets for 2011. Contact Jeff: jeff.berryhill at mlssoccer.com
- Melanie Seiser is the Manager of the National Sales Center. She brings her experience directly from the sales floor at the Columbus Crew, where she started as a Season Ticket Account Executive and most recently worked with the Columbus business community as a Corporate Account Executive. During her time at the Crew, she was in the top three in season ticket sales for the club and achieved league recognition for her season ticket sales in 2012. She was also the first member of the Crew sales department to close two multi-year suite lease deals in one season. Contact Melanie: melanie.seiser at mlssoccer.com
MLS National Sales Center
1700 105th Ave NE
Blaine, MN 55449