MLS WORKS Community MVP Contest presented by Wells Fargo
23 community leaders using soccer to improve lives ... who will win $25,000 for charity?
Major League Soccer and Wells Fargo are partnering to recognize leaders in the community who are using soccer to improve the lives of others.
From June 25th through July 9th, you can nominate a role model from your community who is making a positive impact in one of the following areas:
- Social Issues focusing on diversity, equality and inclusion
- Health Issues affecting men, women or children
- Community Service for a local, national or international charitable organization
One finalist will be chosen to represent each of the League's 23 clubs. Each local finalist will receive:
- Two tickets to an MLS match in their local market, taking place during the 2018 MLS season
- Local recognition
- Trip for two to the 2018 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target in Atlanta, GA. Trip to include:
- Roundtrip coach airfare for two
- Accommodations for two nights
- One 2018 MLS All-Star Gift
- Two tickets to the 2018 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target on Wednesday, August 1st at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Opportunity to participate in All-Star festivities, including the MLS WORKS All-Star Day of Service presented by Wells Fargo
- National recognition during halftime of the 2018 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target
- One Wells Fargo Stagecoach Horse Award
Twenty-two finalists will receive a $1,000 donation for their selected charity.
One Grand Prize winner will be announced during halftime of the 2018 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target and receive a $25,000 donation for their selected charity.
The Grand Prize winner will be determined based on the voting results during a two-week contest window, Thursday, July 19th through Wednesday, August 1st. Fans will have the opportunity to vote online and via Twitter during the voting period.
2018 Contest Timeline
- Nomination Period: Monday, June 25 - Monday, July 9
- Voting Period: Thursday, July 19 - Wednesday, August 1
- Winner Announcement: Wednesday, August 1 - Grand Prize winner announced during halftime of the 2018 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target
Learn more about the MLS WORKS Community MVP Contest presented by Wells Fargo.