Unite.Volunteer.Serve. the League’s community service program, seeks to galvanize the entire soccer community in a collaborative effort to combine sport and service, promote goodwill within MLS markets and improve lives and communities at the grassroots level.
MLS WORKS Community MVP Contest presented by Wells Fargo
22 community leaders using soccer to improve lives ... who will win $25,000 for charity?
Major League Soccer and Wells Fargo are partnering to recognize leaders in the community who are using soccer to improve the lives of others.
From June 8th through June 28th, you can nominate a role model from your community who is making a positive impact in one of the following areas:
- Social Issues focusing on diversity, equality and inclusion
- Health Issues affecting men, women or children
- Community Service for a local, national or international charitable organization
One finalist will be chosen to represent each of the League’s 22 clubs. Each local finalist will receive:
- Two (2) tickets to an MLS match in their local market, taking place during the 2017 MLS season
- Local recognition
- Trip for two (2) to the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target in Chicago, IL. Trip to include:
- Roundtrip coach airfare for two
- Accommodations for two nights
- One 2017 MLS All-Star Gift
- Two tickets to the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target on Wednesday, August 2 at Soldier Field
- Opportunity to participate in All-Star festivities, including the MLS WORKS All-Star Day of Service presented by Wells Fargo
- National recognition during halftime of the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target
- One Wells Fargo Stagecoach Horse Award
Twenty-one finalists will receive a $1,000 donation for their selected charity.
One Grand Prize winner will be announced during halftime of the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target and receive a $25,000 donation for their selected charity.
The Grand Prize winner will be determined based on the voting results during a three-week contest window, Thursday, July 13th at 12:00 PM ET through Wednesday, August 2nd at 2:00 PM ET. Fans will have the opportunity to vote online and via Twitter during three (3) 24-hour designated periods below.
- Nomination Period: Thurs, June 8 at 12:00 PM ET - Wed, June 28 at 8:00 PM ET
- Voting Period: Thurs, July 13 at 12:00 PM ET - Wed, August 2 at 2:00 PM ET
- Twitter Voting: Tues, July 18 at 2:01 PM ET - Wed, July 19 at 2:00 PM ET
- Twitter Voting: Tues, July 25 at 2:01 PM ET - Wed, July 26 at 2:00 PM ET
- Twitter Voting: Tues, August 1 at 2:01 PM ET - Wed, August 2 at 2:00 PM ET
- Winner Announcement: Wed, August 2 - Grand Prize winner announced during halftime of the 2017 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target
Learn more about the MLS WORKS Community MVP Contest presented by Wells Fargo previous Grand Prize winners.