The 2018 U-17 Generation adidas Cup will be held at the home of FC Dallas in Frisco, TX from March 23 to March 31, 2018.
|GROUP A||GROUP B||GROUP C||GROUP D|
Independiente del Valle
New York City FC
Sporting Kansas City
- Only players born on or after January 1, 2001 are eligible. Passport will be the only proof of identification. (There will be no overage players allowed to participate in this competition)
- A maximum of 20 or a minimum of 18 players may be on the roster. Final list to be provided to MLS by Thursday, March 30, 2017. (All eligible players are available for selection in each match). No changes may be made to the rosters after this time.
- All Clubs will play five matches over the course of the competition.
- Each group winner will advance to semifinals.
- Each match will consist of two halves 35 minutes, with a halftime rest period of 10 minutes.
- Three points will be awarded for a win and one point will be awarded for a draw.
- If the score is tied at the end of the regulation both teams will be awarded one point and a FIFA-style shootout from the penalty mark will be held to determine a winner. One additional point will be awarded to the team who wins the shootout.
- Each team will be allowed five substitutions per game; re-entry will not be permitted. There will be a maximum of three substitution stoppages per team allowed during the 2nd half.
- All teams are required to have two different sets of kits with matching numbers. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in player ineligibility.
- The tiebreaker for First Place in Group will be as follows:
- Highest number of points
- Most wins in regulation
- Head to head winner
- Highest goal difference in regulation
- Most goals scored in regulation
- Fewest Disciplinary points
- Coin toss (two teams) or drawing of lots (more than two teams)
- Two yellow cards will result in a one game suspension (cards will be reset after third match).
- One red card will result in a minimum of a one game suspension (to be reviewed by Competition Committee).
- One point will be assessed for every yellow card caution received during the competition
- Three points will be assessed for every red card ejection received during the competition
- Five points will be assessed for any ejections of staff or players from the technical area during the competition
- Starters and referees must be ready to enter the field FIFA-style (five minutes prior to kick-off time).
- Teams shake hands and captains gather with referee for pre-match coin toss.
- Players will shake hands at midfield at the conclusion of each match
- Match report must be signed by both coaches and referee after completion of each game.