Audi enters a new era of data-based performance analysis in soccer with the Audi Player Index. The performance index condenses a wide range of individual actions by a player into a single score. As a result, the Audi-developed analytical model allows performance to be evaluated, with players then ranked accordingly, almost in real time.
MATCH ACTIONS: The individual actions captured are divided into 88 different categories and evaluated according to three different criteria:
- Players position in the system of play
- Location of the event on the field of play
- Match-specific importance of the action
- Up to 2,000 relevant actions per match are captured live
- Values collected are converted into data feeds
- These feeds are supplied to Audi as a pure data record
- Near real time conversion of the data feed into a predefined score system
- Every player/team then receives a corresponding score
- Near real time actions flow into the Audi Player Index with a matter of seconds
- The scores are also broken down according to the Audi brand values of technial ability, dynamism, and efficiency.
AUDI PLAYER INDEX:
- The result can be presented in a wide variety of ways
- The Audi Player Index is supplied on various channels (app, social media, TV) almost in real time
- The Audi Player Index therefore also provides scope for watching the match live on a second screen