KICKTV's gift to you: 13 GIFs to remember 2013 by | SIDELINE
What will you remember about the year in soccer that is just about to come to a close?
Our friends at KICKTV have good memories, so they've got a list about a mile long. But after some serious coercion and mild flogging, they pared it down to 13 GIFs from the world of soccer for the year that was.
Let's dive in:
1. When Arturo Vidal and the ground got in a fight:
Still a good shout for a PK.
2. When Deuce did Deuce things:
This one made our MLS list as well!
3. When a pitch-invading fan in Miami wouldn't let go of Ronaldo
Also, this is the beginning of Cristiano's second career as a defense attorney.
4. When Landon Donovan picked up shades a Panamanian fan had thrown at him
Laughing security guy in the background makes it even better.
5. When Kolo Touré and Lee Cattermole had a moment
Boys will be boys.
6. When a college football kicker busted out a rabona
Got to think he'd seen the Dempsey GIF.
7. When this little girl predicted a 5-0 scoreline with Suarez
She did not have the last laugh.
8. When Marvin Chávez made the ground shake
Our 2013 MLS GIF of the Year!
9. When Neymar was attacked by Ryu in the middle of a game
Click HERE for alternate takes.
10. When Tahiti made paddling on a boat seem like Nirvana
They may have lost, but they won our hearts.
11. When Luis Suárez got hungry
**INSERT FOOD PUN HERE**
12. When Pogba defied physics
He did it with science.
13. When Zlatan broke the sound barrier
Got to be the GIF of the Year, right? 2013 will be remembered for a lot of things – indomitable Bayern Munich, Ronaldinho finding the Fountain of Youth in the Copa Libertadores, Donovan finding his own in Cambodia.
But this is a strike that will last forever, from a striker who's undoubtedly one of the best ever to play the game.
And – just maybe – coming soon to an MLS team near you.